Professor David Ford always tells his students that no company has all the technologies and skills that it needs. Even the most complete business benefits from an external objective eye from time to time.
These are important areas for current times:
- marketing strategy at company, industry or country level
- marketing strategy and marketing plans at product level
- innovation at strategic and planning stages, plus help at the "fuzzy front end" on scanning and assessment of needs
- general leather consulting
- mentoring senior staff
- in company marketing courses
- interim management and long term non-executive positions where no conflict exists
I am also very interested in work related to:
- technical leathers
- cradle to cradle and associated environmental matters
All these I do individually or I can do via my involvement in the Leather Futures Research Group at the University of Northampton. the latter allows me to add a team specialists in a wide variety of areas not just leather.
Most of my career has been in the leather and leather using industries, footwear and sports business although my skills allow me to work in most sectors. I have a B.Sc. from Leeds University in Leather Science (effectively three years of pure chemistry plus an extra year of leather technology and protein science) and an MBA from the University of Bath, where I am a Teaching Fellow and teach some of their Marketing Courses.. I am a Fellow of the Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists (FSLTC).I am a Freeman of the City of London and Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Glovers - the Guild of Glovers which was started in 1349.
I try to only take on work where I feel I can be of real help and make a difference. Call for an opinion or quote at any time.